They say one should never say never. Nonetheless, here’s a list of 10 things I will never do (or at least am very unlikely to do), in no particular order:
1. Get a tattoo. Just not my thing, plus I have a low tolerance for pain, so the idea of willingly letting someone stick a needle in my skin is not appealing.
2. Stop saying what I think even when it pisses folks off. It is, after all, not only part of my DNA, it’s also what I get paid to do.
3. Sky dive. Sorry, but I am not jumping out of a plane. Just ain’t gonna happen.
4. Go to a tanning salon. Because I find them icky.
5. Stop choosing fun and relaxation over work often enough to keep my sanity intact. I love my job, but I love not working also (and more a lot of the time).
7. Willingly live outside of a major city (although I will make an exception for Northampton, MA. I’d move there in a second). I grew up in the country, but got myself to the city as fast as I could. After a stint in a small Texas city, I managed to get to Kansas City. Please don’t make me live in the country or small town again. I love visiting, but for living, give me a city.
8. Betray my friends. If I say so myself, one of my better qualities is that I am intensely loyal. Do not mess with my friends or I will come after all.
9. Regret marrying my (second — and current and last) husband. After 14 years, he still makes me laugh. Add to that superb cooking skills, and you know I did something right.
10. Be sorry about a canceled meeting. Meetings are truly the bane of my existence — a canceled meeting is like a gift from the goddess.
Note: This is my response to the #reverbbroads11 prompt for December 6. Inspired by #reverb 10, #reverbbroads11 is online initiative to write on a variety of clever, interesting, silly prompts for the 31 days of December. The December 6 prompt is: “List 10 things you would never do. Yes! I mean, no, you would never.” Via Katrina Tripled.